Marsha E. Barr-Fernandez has been viewed for years by all at Heimberg Law Group as a shining star, now her reputation is spreading throughout the legal community, nationally and locally.
Tributes and Honors
- 3,000 LEADING PLAINTIFFS’ LAWYERS IN AMERICA (Lawdragon, 2006)
- 500 NEW STARS, NEW WORLDS (Lawdragon, 2006)
- RISING STAR SUPER LAWYERS (Super Lawyers, Los Angeles magazine, 2005 - 2008)
- TOP 500 LEADING STARS, NEW WORLDS (Lawdragon, 2006)
A Well-Rounded Background
While attending Whittier College School of Law, where she graduated cum laude in 1998, Ms. Barr-Fernandez worked full-time as a legal secretary with Dr. Heimberg. Upon joining the State Bar of California in 1999, Ms. Barr-Fernandez was invited to join the firm.
Ms. Barr-Fernandez has several multi-million dollar settlements to her credit. She is a vital part of every case undertaken by the Heimberg Law Group.
Ms. Barr-Fernandez works with Dr. Heimberg to conceptualize sophisticated strategies to win judgments and verdicts for their clients. It is Ms. Barr-Fernandez’s knowledge of how to implement the day-to-day actions that allow the firm to carry out these strategies. She coordinates all of the firm’s cases from their beginning to their end, often becoming close with the family in the process.
Dr. Heimberg considers Ms. Barr-Fernandez to be one of the most knowledgeable medical malpractice and catastrophic personal injury attorneys in the state with regard to determining how best to maximize settlements and verdicts awarded to Heimberg Law Group clients without prejudicing their eligibility for continuing medical care.
Spanish and English
Ms. Barr-Fernandez is fluent in both Spanish and English. Because of her understanding of medical issues, her legal background and her ease in switching from English to Spanish and back again, Ms. Barr-Fernandez is able to explain sophisticated medical and legal concepts to the firm’s Spanish-speaking clients in an understandable manner.
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (ATLA)
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association